Introduction and Course Overview
Strategic Planning is the fundamental process of realizing organizational objectives. I once saw a book title that clearly defines the core of strategic planning: “If you don’t know where you are going, you’ll probably end up someplace else!” By carefully and systematically writing your ministry’s strategic plan, you are creating a comprehensive ministry map, the path you intend to follow toward your objectives. Without a good map, the leader as well as everyone involved will wander, doing, perhaps, “good things,” but ultimately without the impact that comes from a well-planned (and written and “scheduled”) organizational plan.
Because of the nature of Strategic Planning, this workshop is a minimum of 2 full days and must be staffed onsite. Follow up can be done online, but the core of the work is much too interactive for online presentation. In this comprehensive workshop your ministry team will:
- Create or update your ministry’s Core Values, Vision and Mission Statements
- Analyse “What Is”
- Using analysis tools such as: SWOT, SOAR, using demographic and other neighborhood/ministry area data
- Asking: What are your resources including personnel, budget, attitudes, capabilities?
- Ask: “What is God calling us to be right here, right now, with who we are?”
- Analyze organizational structures; church polity (Constitution/ByLaws, policies, structural limitations and opportunities, etc.)
- Workshop exercises on “What If?”
- Given our existing Core Values
- Staying true to our Vision
- Knowing our God-given Mission
- We are called to these specific things. . . .
- Being aware of the Gap:
- Doing a gap analysis
- Include all areas of ministry: buildings, financial, discipleship, etc.
- Write a report comparing what is with what needs to be
- Synthesizing all the data
- Writing Organizational Goals
- SMART goals
- Does each goal meet the SMART criteria? Does everyone agree?
- Creating the ONE PAGE Strategic Plan
- What are are core objectives?
- How can we best communicate them to everyone?
- How do we “onboard” new people into our plan
- How can we use our newly minted strategic plan to impact our community and excite people about our vision?
- Putting your goals on the Calendar — (until this happens, it’s all just wishful thinking)
- Creating a “follow up” team; this team meets with me regularly online and are coached to ensure the congregation is able to implement the plan effectively
About Booking this Workshop:
Because of the interactive nature of this workshop, this workshop is only available ONSITE. This workshop will be customized for your ministry to accomplish your objectives.
Initial Consultation (by one representative or by whole team)- No Charge (by telephone or Skype)
Let’s talk about ways to establish peak ministry performance!
ONSITE Workshops are negotiated according to several variables such as: level of detail required, number of days onsite required, materials desired (such as workbooks for each participant), any special needs/accommodations. Additionally, the organization is expected to pay for travel and lodging (if necessary).
Contact Phil Pledger: Phil@TheHigherCallingCoach.com