Introduction and Course Overview
There’s the sad and unfortunate joke that says: “I love the ministry, it’s the people I can’t stand.” Often the most difficult part of the life of a Professional Church Worker is not: the work load (though often formidable!), not the long hours, the ever-changing needs of the class-room or congregation. It’s difficult people; people who excel at draining away joy and Christian zeal, who seem to make it their personal calling to negate the spirit in other people.
Choose this workshop if you would like a fresh outlook on working with difficult people, if you or your ministry team are plagued by “zeal-zappers” and you are searching for real and healthy solutions to those who drag you down. Some of the topics we will address in this workshop:
- Recognize what WE say and do impacts those around us
- New and effective ways to managing negative emotions
- Effective ways to cope with difficult people and difficult situations
- When to walk away from a difficult situation
- Techniques for managing anger
- What is Triangulation? What do you do about it?
- The Ten Commandments of change
- Causes of difficult behavior
- Preventing (additional) problems
- The five-step process of resolving conflicts
- God’s Law and God’s Grace – living on the edge
- De-Stressing (in healthy ways)
- The Three Month Challenge
About Booking this Workshop:
This workshop can be presented ONLINE (and live) or ONSITE. This workshop will be customized for your ministry to accomplish your objectives.
Initial Consultation (by one representative or by whole team)- No Charge
Let’s talk about ways to establish peak ministry performance!
Teams of 2 – $125 per contact hour/session
Teams of 3 to 7 – $50 per person per session
Teams greater than 7, let’s talk.
ONSITE Workshops are negotiated according to several variables such as: level of detail required, number of days onsite required, materials desired (such as workbooks for each participant), any special needs/accommodations. Additionally, the organization is expected to pay for travel and lodging (if necessary).
Contact Phil Pledger: Phil@TheHigherCallingCoach.com