Introduction and Course Overview
This workshop is based on the book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team; a Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni. The principles Lencioni outlines are the fundamental building blocks of any well-functioning team and are especially suitable for teams that want to become more intentional and focus on ministry results while creating higher levels of competence, focus and effectiveness.
Your ministry team will grow stronger, more focused, and achieve greater success as we work through the following basic concepts:
- Uncover your team’s (dys) function
- Establish a foundation of Trust
- What does this mean?
- How vulnerable must we be?
- Creating an environment of trust
- What does genuine trust look like?
- Learn to disagree agreeably
- Tell it like it really is
- What is “good conflict”?
- Focus on issues, not the person
- What does healthy conflict look like?
- Creating true Commitment
- Reasons people pretend to commit
- The power of clarity and buy-in
- Removal of assumptions and ambiguities
- What happens if someone doesn’t agree?
- How to overcome the lack of commitment
- What does true commitment look like?
- Embracing genuine Accountability
- What does healthy accountability look like?
- Who’s accountable to whom?
- Being accountable for results and behaviors
- Establishing respect for one another as our Team
- Cutting needless (and distracting) bureaucracy
- Creating a culture of accountability
- Driving toward Results
- Defining “results”
- Making the vision clear; what does “success” look like?
- Results-focus creates energy, joy, additional commitment
- Create a culture of achievement-orientation
- Keeping the team focused
- Workshop has many activities that teach and reinforce each concept
- Activities are team-building
- Helps to establish cohesive, energetic team dynamics
- Many additional support articles and activities provided
- The Three-month Challenge
About Booking this Workshop:
This workshop can be presented as a live presentation ONLINE but will be MUCH better if presented ONSITE. This workshop will be customized for your ministry to accomplish your objectives.
Initial Consultation (by one representative or by whole team)- No Charge
Let’s talk about ways to establish peak ministry performance!
Teams of 2 – $125 per contact hour/session
Teams of 3 to 7 – $50 per person per session
Teams greater than 7, let’s talk.
ONSITE Workshops are negotiated according to several variables such as: level of detail required, number of days onsite required, materials desired (such as workbooks for each participant), any special needs/accommodations. Additionally, the organization is expected to pay for travel and lodging (if necessary).
Contact Phil Pledger: Phil@TheHigherCallingCoach.com
The Higher Calling Coach; Enabling Professional Church Workers to Embrace their Higher Calling